Your smile is a personality asset and can boost your confidence and self-esteem significantly. Most people wonder how celebrities that have that perfect smile, without any signs of staining. Oral health extends beyond teeth whitening concerns, and every person should see a dentist at least once in six months. If you are thinking how to get white teeth, we have some quick tips below for your help.
- Get an electric toothbrush. You can find affordable electric toothbrushes that are designed to clean your teeth better and get rid of the stains on the surface. You will see a visible difference with regular use.
- Find the right toothpaste. Talk to your dentist to know the best whitening toothpaste that may work for your needs. These toothpastes typically have special agents that can remove stains from the surface. There are usually dos and don’ts of how to use whitening toothpastes, so follow the directions.
- Watch what you eat. Certain foods, such as juices, tea, coffee, and wine, can cause staining of teeth, and you can reduce the effect considerably by using a straw. Also, keep a check on the foods that may cause further staining. Some fruits can cause odd stains.
- Get dental veneers. If you don’t mind going for a cosmetic procedure, think of dental veneers as a solution. These are made of porcelain and cover the front part of the tooth. You will have a perfect smile after the procedure, instantly.
- Try clinic teeth whitening. You dentist may recommend an in-clinic teeth whitening procedure, especially if none of the above solutions work. You will have to take an appointment, and the procedure can take about an hour or so. With professional teeth whitening, you can expect to improve appearance of teeth by at least three shades. Before you ask, teeth whitening is absolutely safe and doesn’t cost a fortune. Also, the effects will last a long time, especially if you follow the dos and don’ts with regards to oral hygiene habits.
Talk to your dentist today
If you feel underconfident or are using your hands to hide your smile, you have every reason to talk to your dentist for help. Professional teeth whitening is often one of the last-recommended options. Your dentist may offer kits for teeth whitening at home, and if nothing works, or in case you expect better results, a session at the clinic may be recommended.